Data source migration is the procedure of transferring databasesbetween storage types, formats, or personal computers. Companies and organizations ought to mysql to postgresql for a variety of reasons, including server or storage equipment replacements, maintenance or upgrades, application migration, website consolidation files center relocation.The procedure involves change in all database objects and categories: table definitions, data, indexes, constraints, views, triggers, stored procedures and procedures, user accounts, roles and permissions.
Databases may be migrated manually or programmatically by making use of special software named database migration tools. Manual process usually contains these steps:
• export table definitions together with indexes and constraints from your source database in form of SQL statements
• convert these statements into the destination format and import for the target database
• export data through the source database into an intermediate storage like comma separated values (CSV) files
• transform the dataaccording for the destination format and load it for the target database
• extract views, stored procedures/functions and triggers from the original database in form of SQL statements and code
• convert these statements and code in the destination format and load to the target database
After loading to the new system, resulting datahas to beverified as a way to decide if database was accurately migrated, is completed and possesses appropriate supports for applications from the new system. It can be forced to run both source and destination database systems simultaneously during verification to identify regions of disparity, forestall loss of data or corruption.
For giant and complicated database projectsmigration is usually performed programmatically to accomplish an automatic process flow, freeing up human resources from tedious tasks. It is vital to decide on the appropriate tool to migrate the database within the required time frame without loss of data or corruption. The following is set of main features that really must be given by top quality database migration tools:
• all latest types of source and } destination DBMS are supported
• table definitions, indexes and constraints are converted effortlessly necessary attributes
• conversion configurations have to be stored in to a profile for next use
• full Unicode help
• option to modify types mapping, conversion rules, etc
• command line support
• comprehensive documentation and 24/7 support service
There are variety of software companies that offer dedicated tools to automate database migration. One of such companies is Intelligent Converters dedicated to database conversion, migration and synchronization since 2001. They develop great deal of conversion tool emigrate databases between preferred database management systems like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Azure SQL, Microsoft Access, FoxPro and SQLite. Visit https://www.convert-in.com/for more info about Intelligent Converters along with their software.
You can change this Page Layout in the toolbar above if you want to have a different content layout on this page.
You can add more content to this page by clicking the 'Add Content to Page' button.